My Italian Itinerary

This is an evolving itinerary. As I nail down the details, I'm updating it.

Sunday, May 17
Depart from SeaTac Airport

Monday, May 18
Change in Amsterdam, fly to Rome, bus or train to Siena




Tuesday-Thursday, May 19-21
I'll stay in Siena for four nights and use it as a base to explore some of the Tuscan hill towns. Hoping to see Pienza and Volterra, maybe some others. Staying at Hotel Alma Domus.

Friday-Sunday, May 22-24
Bus or train to Florence. I'll stay three nights in Florence at Il Salotto di Firenze.

I have a 12:15 reservation on Saturday at the Accademia, and a 16:15 reservation on Sunday at the Uffizi Gallery.


Monday-Tuesday, May 25-26
I'll probably finish up some sightseeing in the morning before the short train ride from Florence to Lucca, where I'll stay for two nights at La Magnolia.

Wednesday-Thursday, May 27-28
The train from Lucca to La Spezia involves a change in Pisa, so if the connections work out, I'll explore that town for a bit before continuing on to the Cinque Terre. I'll stay in Vernazza at Vernazza Rooms, and decided to splurge on a larger room in San Francesco's Rooms with a terrace and a view of the sunset.



Friday, May 29
My plan is to spend most of the day in the Cinque Terre, but eventually I'll catch the train to Milan. Maybe go directly to the airport and sleep there, since my flight home leaves very early.

Saturday, May 30
Depart at 6:20 am. Another change in Amsterdam, and I arrive in Seattle before noon.