Beltherway Itinerary Update

I decided that I really want to stay in Amsterdam and not in Haarlem.
  1. Because it's Amsterdam, and I like being in the heart of things.
  2. Because I won't have to take a train back home every evening when I spend the day in Amsterdam.
  3. Because if I need to take a break in the middle of the day, I can more easily head back "home."
  4. Because most of the day trips I'd want to take from Haarlem would require me to first head to Amsterdam anyway.

So I found a place on Airbnb that I think will suit me fine. It's not on a canal, but it is in a very popular neighborhood with shops, cafes, and restaurants, very close to Vondelpark, and walking distance to Museumplein, where the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum are located. It's a bit farther from the real central part of Amsterdam, probably a half hour walk, but it's right by a tram stop, so I should have no trouble getting around.

The arrow points to the entrance to my apartment



Lovely with balcony near Vondelpark


Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands
My charming & bright apartment makes you feel home right away! Centrally located in lively & hip Old West Neighborhood. Boutique shops, restaurants, coffee bars, market and tram stop around the cor...

Fortunately, the hotel I had a reservation at in Haarlem has a very flexible cancellation policy, so I'm happily relocated!