A night out in Reykjavik, and a day out at Þórsmörk

I posted a while back about Harpa, the arts and cultural center that opened last year in Reykjavik.

Today I looked to see if there's anything playing at Harpa when I'm there, and I bought tickets to this:


Here's the blurb from the Harpa web site:
A show in English performed by Bjarni Haukur Thorsson, directed by Sigurður Sigurjónsson. The show will open in Harpa on the 25th of May and will run until late August. The show is a tour-de-force theatrical comedy show focusing on the Icelandic human condition: Their attitudes, struggles and everyday life. From Vikings to Björk and from bankers to wankers! You will walk out of the show feeling 100% Icelandic!!
So maybe it'll be stupid, and maybe it'll be fun.

I did discover that where I'm staying is easily within walking distance of Harpa, which will be nice.  In fact, I've come to realize just what a great location I'll be in for my two days in Reykjavik.

I also got in touch with the owner of the farm/guesthouse where I'll be staying for my last three nights in Iceland to find out about getting to visit Þórsmörk.  He said that he knows someone who has the kind of vehicle needed to get there and who does day trips like that.  He also said it's possible to fly in, but that seems a bit extreme.

Here are some pics that might give an idea why I'd like to go to Þórsmörk.