New Year's Eve

There's been nothing really to update in the last month or so.  I did take care of my car rental in Iceland.  It is a very expensive place to rent a car.  I shopped around a lot on line and got a reasonably decent deal, but I decided to delay leaving Reykjavik until after 3pm on Friday, June 1st, so I don't have to pay for a full extra day.  With the long hours of daylight, that still gives me plenty of time to see things that day, plus I'll have the entire weekend, so 2 1/2 days to explore southern Iceland.  Then on Monday my plan is to head to the Blue Lagoon for a "treatment" before going to the airport.

My next decision is to figure out what ferry plans to make for the sailing from Stockholm to Tallinn.  If I were sailing from Stockholm to Helsinki, I'd have two ferry lines to decide between, but there's only one company, Silja, that sails from Stockholm to Tallinn.  They depart at 5:45 p.m. and arrive at 10:00 the next morning.  The choices I have to make:  private cabin to myself or shared cabin, dinner options, and breakfast options.  I need to do some more research before I can decide what I want to do.

The ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki is only two and a half hours, but there are a lot more options.  The Silja ferry has quite a few sailing each day, but they go to a terminal on the other side of Helsinki from where my hotel is.  Viking sails to a terminal within walking distance of the hotel, so that's the obvious choice.  They have two daily departures, at 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., and I think the evening trip is the obvious choice.  That'll give me a good portion of two days to explore Tallinn.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all my loyal followers!